7/22/08

Chicago vacation - July 12, 2008


On Saturday before Daddy left for the Nascar race we all went to a big garden where people are planted. It's called a cemetery.


Al Capone was planted here. Daddy said he was a bad guy. Just think, he was a little baby like me once. I wonder what made him bad?


Here is a crypt of a whole family of bad people, the Genna's. I guess they didn't want to be planted so they made this outhouse.


I wonder if this is as close to heaven as this bad guy will ever get? This is Dean O'Banion. If I don't eat my vegetables does that make me a bad baby? Does that mean I'll be a bad guy oneday? I hope not.


The mausoleum is a place where lots of people are filed away instead of planted. This one has over 30,000 people!!


After Daddy left for the race, Momma and I went across town to see the Garfield Park Conservatory.


We saw a lot of flowers and this one had a bee on it so we didn't touch it.


I like these bushes. Momma said they are boxwoods but they don't look anything like a box or wood. I wonder what they taste like?


How cool!!! Fish.


This is really confusing. This is called a Bird of Paradise but it can't fly!!!


After leaving the Conservatory we went to the other side of Chicago shopping. We really just went looking.


I thought this was a hugh dog but Momma said it is a horse. Wow!!! It's big.


I wanted something from here but thought about how many calories each treat had in it so I didn't get anything. (Was that me or Momma thinking that?)

1 comment:

Sharon said...

OMG! Your pictures are fantastic. That whole vacation looks so fun, I want to go! You have done a great job with this blog. And you take wonderful pictures. You all look so good!