7/17/08

Chicago vacation - July 11, 2008


We had a full day of adventures on Friday. We started out at the Navy Pier. You ask, 'What is the Navy Pier?' It's almost a 100 year old pier that was once an amusement park. Now it's a pier that has lots of different things on it.
Here's a full view of the pier. It's on the lakefront of Lake Michigan. On the pier are stores, resturants, museums, an amusement park, miniature golf, a botanical garden, an IMAX theatre, the Chicago Shakespeare Theatre, outdoor stages for concerts, steet performers, any kind of boat ride you can imagine, and lots more. We rode the Ferris Wheel. Can you see it?
Here we are sitting on a ship anchor at the end of the pier.


Lake Michigan is really pretty. From here it doesn't seem like we are in the city at all.


We walked through a neat stained glass museum that Momma liked.


Here's the hugh Ferris Wheel we rode. It is 15 stories high. It cost $6 each for us to ride this thing. Can you believe they charged for me, too!!! You only got to go around one time. It took 7 minutes. That's almost a dollar a minute!!! But it was neat.


Here's my Daddy holding me during my great adventure Ferris Wheel ride. The view was really great.


O.K., after we left the peir went to the top of that tall black building. That's the Hancock Tower. It's 100 stories high and has the fastest elevator in the country!


Here we are at the top of the Hancock Building. Wow, look at all those buildings behind us.


Hey look, there's even a beach down there.


And there are pools on top of some of the buildings. Look there's someone swimming.


Oh my goodness, grass!!!


Look, another beach. Chicago has it all.


They have lots of boat harbors here, too. But the boats aren't attached to piers, they are just out in the water.


There were some dare-devil stunts you can do at the observatory. Here I am out on a cross beam 100 stories up. I wasn't scared at all.


Daddy washed some of the windows in his dare-devil stunt. He stood on a scaffold held by ropes 100 stories high. He is really brave.


Next we went to see Wrigley Field, the oldest ballpark in the National League.


Daddy said when I get bigger he's going to teach me how to play baseball. Maybe he'll be my coach.

This is called 'Beyond the Ivy' because it's past the back fence that has ivy growing on it. That's what my daddy said. You can buy a seat on top of one of these houses to watch the ballgame.


After all of our great adventures we had pizza at Gino's. Well, actually Momma and Daddy had pizza. I drank my bottle and ate baby food. I don't really care for pizza. But don't worry, I won't be drinking from a bottle when I graduate highschool. I'll eventually eat real food. See you tomorrow for another great adventure.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Luke, high five to you! You are doing a great job telling about the adventures you and mom and dad have been in. And the pictures are fantastic!