3/22/08

My first road trip

Mom and Dad really like to go places. Before I was born they had already planned a trip to the Smokey Mountains, so when I came along we all went. We first drove to Jeanie and Franks house. They live in Cullman, Alabama. They are really sweet. They seem just like grandparents. They were really excited to see me.


Just before we left to go to the Smokies, Momma got a picture of me smiling in my sleep. After I get my bottle and fall to sleep I like to smile. I feel really good inside and it makes me happy. I can still hear Momma and Daddy talking near me. Daddy's holding me in this picture.



We went hiking while in the Smokies. Actually, Momma and Daddy hiked and I rode in this neat pouch. It was so comfortable that I slept during the entire hike. I guess I'll just have to look at the pictures later.




Look, that's me in the pouch! All you can really see are my legs hanging down. Momma and Daddy kept saying how pretty this place was. I could hear the water but I prefered to just sleep. It took us a while to get all the way up here. I think it was 2 miles to this water fall. The path was paved so it was safe for me to go. It did get a little warm while we were traveling and Momma was breathing a little heavy there for a while, too. Daddy offered to carry me but Momma said she was fine.


After we got back into town Daddy got into a fight with a black bear. Momma got a picture just before Daddy beat up the bear. My Daddy is so brave and tough. Look, here's the picture.


After the close call with Daddy, Momma and I went to see a Teddy Bear and had our picture made. The only bears that are nice are Teddy Bears.








We took some time to go shopping while we were in the Smokies. Look that's me with Momma. Can you see the Black Bears in the background? Those are Teddy Bears so we didn't have to be afraid.

Most of the time we were on our road trip I slept. I'm really good at sleeping. Momma and Daddy can go just about anywhere and I'll sleep. We all went to the Dixie Stampede and to the Comedy Barn while we were in the Smokies and guess what I did??? Did you say sleep???? You're right!!! Wow, what an adventure. Guess I'll take another nap now, see you later.

No comments: