11/28/09

Vacation - Plymouth/Salem - Friday, September 25, 2009

We started out today where everything started for the America we know today.....Plymouth, Massachusetts. How cool to be right here where the pilgrims came to shore.

Well, here it is. Not what I expected but I'm not sure what I expected. Hummm.

Here's the famous rock. You can see 1620 engraved on it if you look really closely. Ditto to the previous statement, not what I expected.

Here's the shrine built around the famous Plymouth rock. If you look through the iron gate you can see the rock again.

Behind me and Daddy is a replica of the Mayflower. I would have never gotten on that small ship to sail across the ocean!

Plymouth is not short on churches, imagine that.

Churches here, churches there, chuches everywhere.


After seeing the rock, we drove from Plymouth to Salem through huge tunnels....


over cool bridges.......


....and under double decker bridges, too.


We drove along the shoreline.


And saw the skyline.


We saw fall.


And finally made it to the Salem Witch Museum for a step back in time to 1692, a time where 19 people were killed after being accused of being witches.


This place is a little scarey. I hope they are over the accusations....


......because I think I make a handsome little witch.


Oh no, Momma, Daddy!!!!! I'm sorry. I thought it was all over, this whole witch hunt thing!!


They got me, too. HELP!!!!! Somebody, call my grandparents!!!!!!


Thank goodness they let us go. But they made us come to the dungeon to see what happened to those accused of being witches. I don't think I want to pretend to be a witch again.

This poor man was crushed with stones because he wouldn't admit or deny being a witch.

This lady starved to death in the dungeon.

And these people, well, you can see what happened to them. Being accused of being a witch was horrible!! How sad, it was all made up by some bored school kids, can you believe that?!?

No comments: